Re: [TowerTalk] HAARP Lunar Echoes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HAARP Lunar Echoes
From: "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 22:15:27 -0800
Amazing what you can do with 3.6 MILLION watts.....wow.

According to the HAARP website, the 180 crossed dipoles are spread out over 22.6 acres. Their online gain calculator indicates that the gain is 29.1 dB at 7.4 MHz resulting in 94.6 dBW in the center of the beam. That is 2,884 megawatts ERP! I suspect that if they had that kind of power on 2M, we could copy them Q5 on a 2M mobile antenna. My rough calculations indicate that with 1500W PEP it would take 65536 (2^16) 18-element 2M yagis to get that kind of ERP.

73,
Clay  W7CE