[TowerTalk] Looking for a good small coax for 160, 75 and 40

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Looking for a good small coax for 160, 75 and 40
From: "K8RI" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 04:17:34 -0500
I have some LMR 240 as well as CNT-240 which works quite well.  Running the
legal limit on these bands is right at the limits for these cables, but they
are  light and work well for dipoles as well as half wave slopers. OTOH I'd
like something more flexible like RG8-X, but RG-8X has relatively poor
shielding.  OTOH it might work quite well for these installations.  And 8X
is *inexpensive*

I'll be using crimp connectors and flooded heat shrink for good mechanical,
waterproof  connections.  I'm just tryin to get away from the weight of the
RG8 and LMR 400 cables for these antennas.

Any thoughts?

Roger (K8RI)