Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up Tower

To: Julio Peralta <jperalta4@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up Tower
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 17:20:56 -0500
Julio Peralta wrote:
> Steve the tower you described reminds me of the Aluma Tower which is
> made here in Florida. It very closely resembles lawn furniture. The
> Heights crank up towers, which are also made in Florida, are a much
> stronger constructed tower. They kind of look like an aluminum version
> of a US Tower. I have had experience with both and would not recommend
> the Aluma Tower but a Heights Tower should be good for any load for
> which they are rated.

It's been some years back, so today's Heights Towers may not even be
constructed by the same company, but I helped remove a Yagi from a
living room after one of the Heights fold over towers dumped the 5 L 20
(IIRC I said it's been a while) through the roof when the hinge weld
broke. In all fairness this was during and ice storm,  but it was the
only tower in the area that failed, it was obvious the weld failed, and
they wouldn't stand behind it.

OTOH they are a nice looking tower and should work well under normal
conditions.  (I think)

Roger (K8RI)