[TowerTalk] USTower HDX Tilt-over Fully Retracted vs Partially Extended

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] USTower HDX Tilt-over Fully Retracted vs Partially Extended
From: "Gary Saboe" <gerald@saboe.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:18:07 -0600
Greetings-

I need to work on the rotator shelf in my USTower HDX-772. I've been told
SOP is to have tower completely retracted, use UST lowering device to
tilt-over tower to near horizontal onto support stands, and then extend to
expose the rotator section in the top section. Should Prelube 6 or another
type lubricant be used on the load-bearing tower steel tubing to help reduce
friction when extending/retracking the tower while horizontal? Seems an
unfortuate amount of galling of load bearing galvanized steel tubing will
occur with this process.

Thanks

Gary, NØGS