Re: [TowerTalk] USTower HDX Tilt-over Fully Retracted vs Partially Exten

To: "'Scott McClements'" <kc2pih@gmail.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] USTower HDX Tilt-over Fully Retracted vs Partially Extended
From: "Gary Saboe" <gerald@saboe.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 00:25:14 -0600
Thanks Scott -- great pictures. Congratulations on your new tower.

My HDX-772 is extended to about 32ft when the top section has extended about
5ft and the rotator shelf is clear. The large bottom section has moved up
about 5-6 ft above the base at that point. There are no antennas or mast
mounted.  Does anyone have any experience raising/lowering with the
TRX-100HD raising fixture the HDX-5106MDPL? My HDX-772 is the same tower as
the HDX-5106 minus the top two sections and weighs 2,600lbs (section 7-442
lbs,sect 8-484 lbs,sect 9-669 lbs,sect 10-1,001 lbs). With the raising
fixture attach point being about 1/3 the way up (7ft) the lower section
(21ft), and with no engineering specifications for the TRX-100HD system, the
warning from USTower "Caution! Tower must be fully retracted before using
raising fixture" provides Rule #1 guidance.

Recommendations/experience regarding extending/retracting process while
tower is near horizontal? Lubrication of load-bearing tower galvanized steel
tubing?

Thanks
Gary, NØGS
Bulverde, TX