Re: [TowerTalk] Pole steps

To: "Perry - K4PWO" <k4pwo@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pole steps
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:02:05 -0500
I used pole steps for a number of years but mine were galvanized and quite
sturdy.  However,  they were hard to climb at the specified distance between
steps (the instructions told you to swing your leg up to the next step).  I
put mine closer as I could not do the "swing".

If you can't find galvanized steps perhaps the hunters tree steps might ne
better.  Most tower men know of special steps they use on big masts
so ask one of them, too.

Poles are being replaced by those composite monsters these days at least
here in the Atlanta area.  They use bucket trucks now.

Dave K4JRB