Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb

To: Daron Wilson <daron@wilson.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 55 anti climb
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 14:11:36 -0400
Daron Wilson wrote:
> Anyone used the Rohn anti climb sheets on 55 or 45?  I've got them and a
> bunch of 55 tower, all I can tell from the sheets is that you stand them up
> around the tower and sheet metal screw them to each other.  I guess you just
> build this triangle around the base and let it rattle and bang around in the
> wind?

Reading your other posts and the reluctance to drill holes in the hot
dipped galvanized sheeting how about "banding".  You are looking at a
permanent installation, and preferably one that is "Quiet".  You might
have to hunt to find the best material which ranges from painted steel
(strong but probably not the best in this case) to various synthetics
which are  also strong  but I don't know how any particular one would
stand up to UV.  It might be something that would have to be redone on a
periodic basis.

If the sheets are a bit too large to band you could use painted wood
blocks or even pieces of tires as spacers using care they don't become
water collectors that could cause rusting of the tower.

You should be able to rent the tools and purchase how ever much material
you use, but not being  a high use item they may be difficult to find.

Good luck,

Roger (K8RI)