[TowerTalk] F12 80M beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Force12Talk@qth.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] F12 80M beam
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:46:31 EDT
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    I'm installing a 2L F12 80M beam. I'm not sure of  the exact nomenclature
- it was a semi-custom order - but it uses the element  coils close to the
boom.

    I can't find a resonance anywhere (following the  manual instructions). I
went directly to the feedpoint and skipped the balun,  relays, etc. and I've
still got infinite SWR everywhere. Usually that's an  indication of a feedline
problem but I've got my MFJ hooked directly to the  feedpoint and still no
dip anywhere. Not even a little one.

    The elements have continuity and it's a pretty  simple element; just an
insulated center feed piece, a coil and the rest of  the element, so I'm pretty
flummoxed why I can't see a dip. I've changed the  coil length with still
nothing. What am I missing here?!?

    ANY help appreciate.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Cell: 206-890-4188

PS - Tom, N6BT, has been sort of helpful and there aren't any nearby AM
stations to cause problems with the MFJ.

listings at AOL Autos.