Re: [TowerTalk] F12 80M beam

To: K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com, Force12Talk@qth.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 80M beam
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:34:21 EDT
Steve, going back to fundamentals, you might try installing a Tee connector
on the output of the analyzer and connecting a 50 ohm load to one leg of the
Tee. With the other leg of the Tee open you should see a low vswr on the
analyzer. With the other leg of the Tee connected to the antenna, the vswr
would
be low if the analyzer sees an open circuit, or the vswr would be high if
there  is a short circuit.

I assume there is a transmission line between the feedpoint and the  element?
If so it needs close scrutiny for an open or short circuit.

The remaining thought is maybe there is an AM Broadcast station close  enough
to QRM the Analyzer. I have measured as much as 5v rms on 75m antennas  from
KRLD, a 50KW station about 10 miles distant.

Measuring vswr with a 100w transmitter will reveal this scenario.

73/k5gw

In a message dated 4/18/2008 8:47:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,