[TowerTalk] connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] connectors
From: Craig Clark <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:03:01 -0400
>    2. Re: Most Connectors sold to Hams are JUNK

Since I sell a lot of connectors to hams and commercial customers, I
just have to comment.

As was stated, you get what you pay for.

I sell, use and recommend Amphenol 83-1SP PL259 connectors. They have
a nickle plated shell and a silver plated plug. Current retail is
$3.25 AND I am not making a huge profit on them. They are also
assembled in Mexico by Amphenol. The $2.40 USA connectors were
probably from Andros in Rochester NY. They are well made but I find
the shells to be less sturdy than the Amphenol versions. They have a
Teflon insulator but there is no magic in Teflon despite what has
been published elsewhere.

Then there are the imports which vary in quality from very good to piss-poor.

I buy adapters from CZ labs and RF Industries and find them to be
good quality with an edge to RF Industires.

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE
PO  BOX 209
RINDGE NH 03461