Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 LMR-600 Equivalent (and stuff)

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "Roger \(K8RI\)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR-400 LMR-600 Equivalent (and stuff)
From: "Marlon K. Schafer" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 19:58:58 -0700
Here are the frequencies used.
http://discountcablesusa.com/ethernetcables.html

As for the speeds etc.  I've heard that a few times before.  Tell you what,
work out a speed test in whatever way you'd like to.  Run your test.  Now
tie the cable in a tight knot.

I tried that, no change in speed.

As for the disruption of the twist rates, ever look at what a connector
does?  grin

I'm sure that some results could be seen in the lab.  In the real world,
with MILES of cat5 installed in just the last few years I've seen a lot of
things effect speeds on my customers systems.  Cat5 kinks haven't been one
of them.

marlon