[TowerTalk] Light duty rotor question

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Light duty rotor question
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 18:31:21 -0400
Hi All,
   I have finally convinced my XYL that having a small 6m beam on the roof
won't cause our home value to plummet (and she's a real estate agent!), our
kids to rebel, and our neighbors to come after us with pitchforks and
torches. I've got an M2 6M3 on order (would have liked something bigger, but
figured I'd start slowly) and I've currently got a 10ft mast on the roof
strapped to the chimney that supports a 6m loop and a Comet GP-15 vertical.
My plan is to remove the 6m loop and mount the beam and the vertical on a
rotor, since there's no other easy place for me to mount the vertical.

  Clearly I don't need anything big to turn this, so I've seen that the
Channelmaster 9521A and the Hy-Gain AR-38 both seem to be roughly
equivalent, though the Hy-Gain is a little bit (around $20) more expensive.

  I know that compared to some of the really big stuff that folks talk about
here this is pretty low end, but I've got to start somewhere. Does anyone
have any opinions about either of these two rotors, or a suggestion about a
better alternative? I'd prefer to keep the cost down, since when (if?) I
ever get to set up a "grown-up sized" antenna, I don't mind picking up a
more appropriate rotor then.

  Thanks ---

David, K2DBK
k2dbk.com