Re: [TowerTalk] FIRST TOWER UP AND LOOKING GORGEOUS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FIRST TOWER UP AND LOOKING GORGEOUS
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:01:50 -0700 (PDT)
I was making light of Hardy's incredibly pointless, crass post. Bob has his
first tower up and I think that's absolutely fantastic!  I got a private reply
form someone (not Hardy) who stated simply that towers cease being a waste of
money at 70 feet. And 70 feet is magic because...? What if my favorite DX band
is 40 m? Then the magic number would be 140 ft, wouldn't it?

By that metric I guess I've wasted my money, too, since all I have is a single
HDBX48. Of which, by the way, I'm quite fond. It hosts a KT34A (not the XA) and
a 40CD2.   Since the 40CD2 isn't full sized, and the KLM isn't instead three
separate monobanders, I'm quite sure someone will quip, if only privately, that
these, too, are a waste of money.

Sigh.

Congratulations on your new tower, Bob!  Enjoy every bit of it!

Kim Elmore, N5OP