Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson MT-61 Rivets Update

To: "Alfred Frugoli" <alfred.frugoli@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wilson MT-61 Rivets Update
From: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:57:20 -0700
After a lot of research the following steps were taken and will be taken:

1.  I considered 1/4" self tapping screws but finding a flat head here
was impossible.  Also was concerned should a screw break during the
install process.  I know that at this time USTower is using screws for
their rail.

2.  We decided to use 3/16" x 3/4" steel rivets.

3.  Some time in the future I am going to double the number of rivets
by drilling new holes in between the existing ones.  Also I plan on
tack welding the rail at the top and bottom of the tower section.  I
will do this by removing the cap and doing the tack weld.  This is the
point of maximum stress when the tower is fully erected.