Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Material and resonance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying Material and resonance
From: Jwpjj@aol.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 14:42:15 EDT
I am getting ready to install 90' of Rohn 25, base section is all
done,concrete etc and so are the guying stancheons that are set in concrete as
well. I
have the first 10' up and hopefully in a few weeks or so will be ready  for
the rest of the installation. My question is what is preferred, steel guying
cable or Phillystran cable. One of my concerns ( maybe it should not be) if I
use steel guying installation, should I be concerned about resonance based on
the lengths of guying cable. The tower will have a 4 el steppir at approx 98',
 below that there will be a 3 element 40 meter monobander, prosistel rotator
and  fed with LMR400. Will I need to break up the guys? It seems like it would
be a  lot of work if I had too or should I just go for the Phillystran and
don't be  concerned.  This is my first guyed tower as I have always have had
crank  ups. I have seen a lot of pictures that have been on this forum and was
wondering what most everyone else uses for guying  their towers. The guying
lengths will be as per Rohn specs, 80% of total height to calculate guys
lengths.

John,  ND1X