Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of Fulton winches on TX-455 A WARNING

To: Dan Kovatch <w8car@buckeye-express.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Speaking of Fulton winches on TX-455 A WARNING
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:51:38 -0700 (PDT)
Dan, et. al:

Also be sure to watch the fiber "brake" pads on the
1550.  The first 1550 I had, the pads almost
"dissolved" after just a couple years outside
weathering.  When I tried to change them it was almost
impossible even with Fulton's directions on changing
the pads.

Ended up having to buy another 1550, which I still
have.  Since, I've bought a 2550 and hope to install
it soon on a TriEX W51 crankup.  Not sure yet if the
bolt pattern is the same on all 3 bolts that secure
the 1550/2550 to the tower.

Tom, WW5L