Re: [TowerTalk] Trapped in antenna trap confusion

To: Dan Hearn <dhearn@air-pipe.com>, William Moore <whmoore@sympatico.ca>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trapped in antenna trap confusion
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:07:32 -0500 (CDT)
Bill:

     I agree with Dan about the three dipoles fed from a common coax line.
That was my antenna system as a young Ham back in the '60s.  It's a simple
design and is almost guaranteed to work as well as separate dipoles.  I've not
tried a trapped system but can only expect weeping and gnashing of teeth until
you get the three bands to work compatibly with each other.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F