[TowerTalk] G5RV vs. 2 element yagi

To: <antennaware@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV vs. 2 element yagi
From: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 19:40:27 -0000
I am currently limited to a G5RV for HF following the demise of a miniquad I
was using.  I am looking at getting a Mosley 2 element tribander, but I
can't get it up very high right now-maybe 25 feet or so.

I know that the low height will hurt performance, especially on 20 meters.
Given the low height of the antenna, would it still be a much better
performer than the G5RV.  The G5RV isn't up that high either, but has done
nicely on 30m, 40m and 80m where I have been using it the last few years.

I guess I am just trying to figure out whether the 2 element beam would be
worth the extra money, or if it would be pretty similar to a G5RV, given the
low height it would be at.

73s John AA5JG
(ex: W5TD, NE0P)
6M WAS #1275, 6m VUCC #1260