Re: [TowerTalk] [SteppIR] Advice on Tower

To: Bernard <wtrone@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [SteppIR] Advice on Tower
From: "Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 12:59:32 -0700
The thing you might want to do is employ a  P.E. (Professional Engineer) to
do the calcs for you that tells you what heights on your particular tower
yields a safe wind load for you situation.
I am relatively sure that U.S. tower can provide you with a name of a P.E.
that could do these
calcs for you... I do not think, due to liability issues that any tower or
antenna manufacture or vender is going to tell you how to "Safely" overload
your tower.

But then the money you will most likely have to pay the P.E. could have been
used to buy a tower that would have been rated to keep your antenna safely
at max height and wind load......

73, Dennis N6KI
Sandy Eggo