Re: [TowerTalk] Shackles, Anchors, ect

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shackles, Anchors, ect
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:20:00 -0500
 Based on responses so far,

I need to explain further what I am thinking about further:

Not sure what I am talking about yet :0)

(and it is 3/16 EHS not 13EHS guy wire)

Just looking at the pictures in the catalog:

I was thinking about putting a shackle (bolt type) around each tower leg and
then running the thimbles through the shackle of the
guy wire at the tower.

Then taking the guy wire down to the ground to the Anchor rod and attaching the
shackle on the ground end of the guy wire to a
turnbuckle (jaw & jaw type), tying the turnbuckle off at the anchor rod using
the jaw on the other end.

Is that not the way it is done?

Bob AD5VJ