Re: [TowerTalk] winch to drill adapter

To: craig@thompsonet.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] winch to drill adapter
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:51:15 -0400
Depends highly on the winch and the drill, I would say.

The winch/gearbox system on my ab621 had a 1" square boss, which I
had mated
to a shaft which would go into a 4:1 right angle drive for my 1.2"
electric drill.
I think Metalworks, in Burlington VT, charged me 25 bucks to weld up
and fair a
clean fixture.   Made taking that puppy to 100' a tolerable activity.

Often, you can find sockets which fit in place of the winch handle on
Dutton Lainson
winches, and have a shop weld a shaft to that.

Make friends with a metal shop guy.   They love it when you bring
them wierd and
challenging projects, and ask their opinion.    Breaks the boredom,
and is high margin
for them.   Cheap for you, in the long run.

N2EA

Jim Jarvis, President
Corporate Coach
The Morse Group, LLC

People-Process-Strategy
Achieving Results ... in a Changing World
www.themorsegroup.biz
coach@themorsegroup.biz