Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S trap question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S trap question
From: "larryjspammenot@teleport.com" <larryj@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:15:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I rebuilt a TA-33 about 15 years ago. It didn't have any of the colored marks
as mentioned in the manual - they had long ago faded away, so I really didn't
know which coil went where. But the manual does have the listing for how many
turns are on each end of every coil in all of the  traps, and from that I was
able to determine the proper coil placement and direction after cleaning them
up, inside and out. After cleaning up and reassembling the antenna, it really
worked well.

I don't know if Cushcraft did the same in their manuals, by giving as much trap
detail as the Mosley manual did.
LJ