Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs on Dateline

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Dogs on Dateline
From: "David Calder" <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 10:45:31 -0400
Let me tell you about "the crew" that will be on this show. The following
came from a crew that was there with them.

            "Quote" not from me.

                I was also there when we met the "infamous" crew and they
not only knew nothing of safety, they had also never heard
                of OSHA 10hr, Safety Climbing courses, or Rescue climbing of
any kind.  Maybe NBC picked this company hoping something happens.

            Its' funny because we ran into then on a tower in Tennessee and
there guys new nothing about safety. They sure know how to pick a group
            of tower people that can't lead the way. They were so
unorganized we had done everything short of kicking them off site because
there
                climber was so unsafe. We did however school him in tower
safety in which he never knew anything about it after six years of tower
work.
                Hope they don't show the stupidity of their faults for us to
get a bad rep. We don't need it.

                Just TV sensationalizing something again for ratings. They
won't show the real truth.

                73 Dave n4zkf