Re: [TowerTalk] guying question

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guying question
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 15:04:59 -0400
Star guying substantially reduces the twist on a tower.  Torque arms are
much less effective.  According to K7LXC : When Rohn implemented one of the
early EIA/TIA-222 tower standards, they found that the torque arms added
nothing to  the torque resistance of the tower but they do help stabilize
the tower as  it's being climbed.

John KK9A