Re: [TowerTalk] TitanDX Experience anyone

To: "'Richards'" <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TitanDX Experience anyone
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 21:15:50 -0500
Well I got it up and it works great, a little better than the Butternut about 3
s units or so consistently.

I took it back down temporarily since I need to get the 40 meter counterpoise
together for it and get the guy wires on it. After I
tune 40 I will put her back up.

This antenna is not heavy, but I learned the hard way to guy it. So say yes
some say no, but we had strong winds some through one
weekend and when I came home it was not on the ground (thank G_d) but it was at
a 45 degree angle due to the mast having bent over,
nothing hurt, but my feelings. So I said, from now on I guy the puppy down when
it goes up.

I hope to have it up by next weekend.

As far as frequency, it depends on the time of year, this time of year normally
find me in the lower portions of 40 meters, or on 10
when it is open.

Bob AD5VJ