Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding mast?

To: "'jim Jarvis'" <jimjarvis@optonline.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding mast?
From: "N2TK" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:12:04 -0700
I found I had some intermittent changes in SWR on 160M (shunt feeding the
tower). I put a grounding strap from the mast to the top of the tower
(across the TB-3).  SWR has been stable since. Have not bothered to put a
ground strap across the Prosistel.

Have a MonstIR. Was going to short out the passive elements to the boom. But
I am getting the 60/80M add-on kit so won't be able to do that except for
the 1st Director. Will ground that and see what it does for top loading on
160M. Even without grounding the elements I can move the SWR on 160 all over
the place with running the elements in and out on the MonstIR. There seems
to be no arcing or sputtering so far on topband.

N2TK, Tony