Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Towers

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Towers
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:16:56 -0700
Richards wrote:
> Have you paid any money yet?   (This is not a flame,
> but a serious question.)
>
> ==============   K8JHR  ===============
>
> Lou Laderman wrote:
>
>> concerned that even once I finally get an answer I won't be able to get
>> stamped plans needed to get a building permit for a long time.

In California, work done by a PE (working as a PE.. if someone wants you
to cut their grass or dig a ditch, that's different) has to be with a
written contract. The contract has to contain some specific things
(description of the work, schedule, rate, etc.).  If you someone asks
you to do something on the phone, that's typically not something you
could charge for.  If there's an issue of non-performance, there's a
variety of remedies (aside from the obvious lawsuit).  I'm not sure if
an email exchange would meet the requirements of the law as far as
"written contract"

(obviously, there are some details, exceptions, etc.. but that's it in
broad strokes)