[TowerTalk] sealing goop

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sealing goop
From: "James Cassidy" <jimki7y@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 06:17:48 -0700
I ran across a tape sealed connection that had what appeared to be white
Teflon tape used for plumbing connections wrapped around the connectors.
This prevented the next layer of tape from transferring any adhesive to the
connectors.  In this case it was wrapped over with 2 layers of what
appeared to be Scotch 88 tape.  The connectors did not show any sign of
corrosion.  the tape appeared to be somewhat weathered on the out surface.

I doubt that the Teflon added any waterproofing but certainly kept the
connecters clean.  This would be really helpful with Coax Seal or similar
gooey coverings.
73

Jim Cassidy
KI7Y