[TowerTalk] masting

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] masting
From: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:49:00 -0500
Boy with all the talk about using fencing makes me get nervous!!Good high
grade masting ISN"T that expensive.What if you put that mast up and then
decide you want a bigger antenna or " just one more ".Not to mention if you
get a " 100 year " windstorm.Saving a penny is almost always smart but in
this case I'd spend the money and get a 1026 DOM tubing mast and sleep easy
at night knowing that if that mast bends it will be the least of your
problems......you'll need to worry about no power,trees down all over.You'll
need a new roof etc etc.Please do it right ONCE.   Gregg K9KL