Re: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k9kl@centurytel.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 08:51:54 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/2008 9:02:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  I'm getting ready to install my new M2 2800 rotor. I ordered  one of
Champion Radios mast clamp for the rotor. I'm wondering if I should  put the
little  "centerer" peice that M2 sends with the rotor. I  thought I read
somewhere that it also keeps that bolt from backing out. Is  this true?

    Umm, my first thought would be to contact  Champion Radio Products. I'm
sure what they'll tell you is to leave the small  bolt and bushing in the top
of the turntable and that the Champion clamp has a  hole in the middle to
accommodate it. You don't need the centering pyramid;  the clamp will
self-center a
2" mast.

    With the bolt not installed, I found that water  stands in the turntable
hole indicating to me that there's a bottom to the  hole so no harm if it
isn't installed.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH