Re: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, k9kl@centurytel.net, K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 2800 question
From: Greg - AB7R <ab7r@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:13:20 -0400
The Champion mast clamp is massive and probably a great solution to the OEM
clamp.

But take care of a couple things.

1.  Be carefull when tightening the nuts on the U-bolts.  A friend of mine was
helping with an installation and it did not take much to snap one off.

2.  I purchased this clamp to replace the OEM version last year but have not
installed it yet.  I "thought" the antenna had spun in the original clamp but
it
was actually something that got out of calibration instead.  I recalibrated and
the
antenna had not actually moved at all.  But the reason I had not yet installed
the
replacement clamp was for two reasons.  1.  the bottom was not flat.  On a flat
surface it rocks back and forth.  When installed and things are tightened down
this
may or may not be a problem.  But it just does not seem right.  The other thing
is
that the holes for the bottom bolts are very close to where other parts are
welded.  You actually have to use a cutting wheel and cut the side of the nut
so
that it fits correctly.

73,
Greg - AB7R