Re: [TowerTalk] ground radial length vs antenna height?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground radial length vs antenna height?
From: Chris Adams <n4vi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:11:15 -0600
Dave,

It seems to me that the takeoff angle is going to be primarily
determined by the characteristics of the ground outside the radial
field.  For example, to get low takeoff angles, requires reflection of
the signal, with the correct phase, a long distance from the radial
field.  Whether this reflection takes place, and how efficiently it
happens is dependent on the ground characteristics at that distance.

The efficiency of the vertical is directly affected by the number of
radials.

73
Chris
n4vi/0