Re: [TowerTalk] 25G/House bracket

To: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25G/House bracket
From: Tim N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 15:33:07 -0500
Art, I don't have specific experience with what you're doing but here
is info I have from an older Rohn Consumer Products guide.

Drawing #A871302 in my Rohn book has a chart for 25G Bracketed Tower.
They show the following for a 50ft tall tower...

Upper Bracket: 30 ft., Lower Bracket: 15 ft.

14.6 sq. ft. of antenna up to 70 MPH
10.0 sq. ft. of antenna up to 80 MPH
  6.8 sq. ft. of antenna up to 90 MPH

The recommended foundation detail for this type of bracketed
information is:

2 ft., 0 in. round or square hole that is 4 ft., 6 in. deep. The
bottom 6 in. is compacted sand/gravel for drainage with the tower legs
a minimum of 2 in. into the gravel. They also specify a 4 in.
projection of the concrete above ground level.

I think with the peak of her roof being 14 ft. as shown in your sketch
and the antenna she's using guys would be in order if we assume Rohn
knows what they are doing.

They show 50 ft. unbracketed 25G towers being guyed at the 23 ft., and
45 ft. levels.

Tim, N9PUZ