[TowerTalk] pulling guy lines tightly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pulling guy lines tightly
From: STEPHEN L SALA <k7awb@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:00:55 -0700
I now have two sets of guys wire slightly loose on my new Rohn 45 (70 feet
going to 90 feet) and one set on my new Rohn 25 (35 feet going to 105 feet)
with the remaining guy sets already made.  In what order do I tighten them?
Since I will have three sets of guys on each tower with a three-hole
equalization plate at the end of the guy rod, do you tighten the lower set to
400 lb or so and then the 2nd set and go back and forth?  or do you do them
lightly (maybe 200 lb until the final set is up)?
What happens when I try to tighten the top set at the top of the towers?  For
each set, how many iterations do you have to do going around the tower to get
the tower vertical going guy wire to guy wire?  What kind of error will I have
using a 4 foot level at read plumbness?  Should I use a comealong to pull the
wires tightly?
Stephen L. Sala (Steve) K7AWB Nine Mile Falls, WA DN17es