Re: [TowerTalk] pulling guy lines tightly

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <wc1m@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pulling guy lines tightly
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 06:03:33 -0400
Well, this must be one of those YMMV situations.

All I can say is that on EHS near the 10% target tension, my Loos reads
about 30% high compared with a Dillon dynamometer. At the low end of the
scale, it's off by about 50%. At the high end of the scale, it's off by
about 20%. Undoubtedly one of the gauges is off.

W8JI conducted experiments that showed the Loos gauge reads quite
differently depending on the type of material measured. If anyone is
interested in his analysis, search on "LOOS AND W8JI" in the TowerTalk
archives.

73, Dick WC1M