Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical AntennaInstead ofTower Decision...

To: Sain'T Tom <dxhawg@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical AntennaInstead ofTower Decision....
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 23:48:27 -0400
Interesting answers, and intriguing discussion about folded unipole
designs... but not entirely helpful to me, as the City only allows 55 foot
tall antennas/towers, and I cannot get one up this Fall, so I was hoping
to devise an alternative solution to implement this Fall that did not entail
a tower with a beam on it.

Appears the topic has become derailed... Oh well, that is a common
occurrence with these discussions.

Thanks for the input.  I am re-reading all the answers to date, hoping
to find some sort of consensus....  so far none has emerged and I
remain perplexed.  BUT HAVING GREAT FUN and that is the whole
reason I got into ham radio !!!

Dennis wrote:
 > A new technique for feeding towers has been adopted
You drop 3 heavy gauge wires connected at the top of the tower to