[TowerTalk] Tx-455 cable info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tx-455 cable info
From: "John Hudson" <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 17:02:28 -0500
Well the hole is dug and concrete is in.. all 6 yards! And another 2.5 weeks
and we'll lift it up

 My tower is a used tower and according to US tower it "might" be a TRISTAO
version before US Tower bought them. But the person I spoke to wasn't sure..
but I knew it was at least 20 maybe 25 yrs old. I have the documents from
the previous owner, SK, and the building permits and PE stuff was dated Aug
1989 and the SK bought it from another ham but was only a "few" years old in
1989.

I've taken the cable off and will be getting replacement cable at a
riverboat rigging company (http://www.paducahrigging.com/ )

What I have taken off is 3/16 cable and the short piece (top two sections)
is 19'10' from loop to loop. the long cable from the winch is 36' from end
of loop to winch drum. This cable had another 9' wrapped on the drum! I'm
assuming that 9' on the drum is a little excessive since a few areas had
flattened out and the cable had been crushed and it had 3 or 4 wraps I
think..

I guess what I was looking for is has anyone had the same dimensions of
cable? I want to make sure the 19'10' is suppose to be that or has it
stretched over the years.

How much cable is needed to be on the Fulton 2550 drum to make it secure?

Thanks and more to follow

73

John

KO4XJ