[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS10 Remote Antenna Switch Failure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS10 Remote Antenna Switch Failure
From: "Marinus Willemstijn" <willemma@telkomsa.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:00:53 +0200
Good Day

I wonder if there is anyone on this reflector who has experienced problems
with this remote antenna switch. I have used one for the last 2 or 3 years
which I purchased new. On Sunday I realized that it does not want to switch
from the Antenna 1 position to any other position although the unit in the
shack switches (LED's) Antenna 1 remains the selected antenna on the remote
box irrespective of the position of the rotary switch. There was no
lightning or any other obvious outside factors that could have damaged the
unit - the last time I used it it worked (which was 4 days before Sunday).

My question is whether anyone has experienced this problem before or does
anyone have some voltage or other tests I could follow to try and trace the
fault. I cannot return it to MFJ as I imported it from the US and will cost
more in shipping to return that buying a new one - hi.

Thanks for this very interesting reflector.

73's

Marinus

ZS6MAW