Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 23:00:44 -0700
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:48:00 -0700 (PDT), Gary Slagel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My shack is on the first floor of the house and right above the
electrical service entrance in the basement.  For my station RF and
DC ground, I'm thinking I'll run a 10' wire from the station down to
the electrical entrance ground wire which, of course, runs right out
to ground rods outside the house.  Is there any problem with this or
should I be running to a separate ground rod?

This is an excellent way to do it. Make that wire as short as
possible, give it the shortest straightest possible path, make it as
"beefy" as possible.

NEVER install a SEPARATE ground. It's fine to ADD one or more
grounds, but they MUST ALL be bonded to all the other grounds, also
by the shortest practical path.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC