Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?

To: "'Bob Maser'" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, <k1ttt@arrl.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 12:15:59 -0400
I think both Dave and Bob are correct. Best thing to do is install a proper
single-point ground (SPG) as close to the station as possible. This can
consist of one or more ground rods bonded together with low-impedance wire
or copper strap. The SPG should be bonded to the electric company ground, as
well as the  tower/antenna ground system. Your station connection should be
to the SPG. Ideally, the SPG should be bonded to a metal plate on the side
of the house where the cables from your antennas attach to lightning
suppressors before they enter the house.

73, Dick WC1M