Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding with Polyphaser lightning arrestors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding with Polyphaser lightning arrestors
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 05:48:02 -0400
I believe it was the Polyphaser book that suggested that ground rods should
be spaced no more than twice the length of the ground rod. So, for common 8
foot ground rods the spacing should be not more than 16 feet apart. There
was a rationale to the spacing but it escapes me at the moment -  charge
distribution during a strike most likely.

73, Larry  W6NWS