Re: [TowerTalk] Icom IC-751 Tape

To: Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Icom IC-751 Tape
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:43:10 -0400
Dennis Vernacchia wrote:
> I was able to view the link and teh GREEN TAPE he refers to is Flex
> Circuit Cable and

I see it's on Yahoo and there's a lot of stuff from Yahoo dot come that
is black listed so that maybe why it's not coming up in my browser. They
don't appear to be using any blocked scripts, but going into the trouble
shooter I find "Error in parsing value for property "font", Declaration
dropped.  So it  appears they are using some code that is not compatible
with  Firefox on LINUX.
> the source would either be ICOM Factory in Washington or someone (
> maybe on EBAY )
> that was selling 751 parts
That is a bad thing to break in an older radio.

> The last alternative would be to get the ready to someone that could
> hard wire a ribbon
> or other cable in for the broken wires !!!
Depending on where it broke, it is possible to splice the things.  Of
course the ends are paper thin and there is no room for anything extra
in those places. I'd guess it probably broke in the bend which means a
splice would have to be flexible.  That would be tricky.

> In the past, before I retired a a Components Engineer,  I was also
> able to contact a salesperson of these type cables and get a sample
> sent as a replacement. If one knows anyone who works in components in
> the electronics
> industry, they would be a good start.
If it's a simple straight cable there are probably replacements, but if
it's one of those with odd shapes finding one could prove more than a
little difficult.

Thanks for the clarification.

73

Roger (K8RI)