Re: [TowerTalk] wire antenna question

To: Terry Conboy <n6ry@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wire antenna question
From: Blair S Balden <blair.balden@wmich.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 11:59:24 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded.  I feel much better about what I've been
doing.  Terry, yours made such perfect sense, I thought I should have known it
already!  Because the dipole's resonant Z is usually higher than 50 ohms,
getting minimum SWR would mean I'd cancelled out all the reactance.  If the
resonant Z were less than 50 ohms, I could get a lower SWR by introducing a
reactive component.  But, I suppose it would be rare to have a dipole with a
resonant Z below 50 ohms.

Thanks again to all,
73,
Blair NP2F