Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing and working on Rohn 25g/45g towers -

To: "Bill Aycock" <baycock@hughes.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Climbing and working on Rohn 25g/45g towers -
From: "Richard Elizondo" <relizondo@ionoscom.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:24:04 -0600
The strength of the section is made up of its parts. If the section fails to
provide a 5000lbs anchor point, in no way will any of the welds, legs or
lattice, provide it either.

I am not stating the 25g tower is worthless. I actually quite fond of this
tower and own several gin poles that are made of 25g, 45g and 55g sections.

What I have stated are just the facts. Like it or not, take it to heart, or
with a grain of salt.

Ever wondered why Rohn used to make comments about climbers being less than
250lbs in their field erection manuals ? (Hmmmm ...250lbs ...10-1 safety
factor for positioning.... I must not know what I am talking about.)

Seriously though however, I am open to discussion on what you see as
erroneous in my post, since it is the same lecture given in all comtrain,
belltech, and Radian fall protection classes.

Richard