[TowerTalk] Preventing tic ring motor from freezing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Preventing tic ring motor from freezing
From: Howard Klein <k2hk@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:51:33 +0000
I need some ideas for preventing my Tic Ring motor from freezing. For the past
three years every time the temperature falls below freezing my Tic Ring stops
working. Other times it works perfectly. Maybe I got the tropical version :-).
I don't believe it is associated with water entering. It is sealed and this
occurs even when the WX has been dry for days. Carl says there is no grease
inside. In any case I was thinking of some type of heating strip used for
gutters or similiar. This poses the problem of thermostat and supply voltage
problems.
It has become a fairly accurate way of knowing the temperature...32 F  stops
working, 33 F works FB. Any ideas?
Howard..K2HK

HK