Re: [TowerTalk] 80m delta loop question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80m delta loop question
From: Robert Hess <w1rh@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:18:35 -0800 (PST)
Felipe,

I feed mine (80M vertical delta loop) with 450 ohm ladder line and a Johnson
Matchbox.  I use a 250 watt (rated for plate modulated AM) Matchbox and run 1.5
KW into it.  Been using it like this for years.

The Johnson Matchbox is probably the most efficient commercial antenna tuner
ever made.  Just about all of your power goes into the antenna.  Down side of
using a tuner like this is frequent re-tuning as you go up and down the band,
especially when using it on 80.  I also use it on 40 and the antenna plays very
well.

Bob
W1RH/6