Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Going Open?

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259 Going Open?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 01:46:39 -0500

Richards wrote:
> Are you saying the water flowed all the way through the cable
> and ended up inside the shack !?!

Yup, between one and two cups worth. 9913 is like a pipe with a center
conductor suspended by a spiral.
Twas a 90' vertical run plus about 85 to 95' horizontal to the radio.
Ruined the desk top too. Top is particle board with a laminated surface
which apparently is not water proof. Where ever water got on it the top
swelled up. .
73

Roger (K8RI)