Re: [TowerTalk] PL-239 Going Open?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-239 Going Open?
From: John Hudson <jd_hudson@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:03:52 -0600
When I got licensed in 1988 I was pretty limited on radio funds so I
used some "OLD COAX" from the late 70's that had been stored and I used
it for my 2meter beam. The coax ran from the antenna straight down the
mast into the attic vent then a small dog-leg thru a hole is a closet
ceiling then to the rig. I had disconnected the coax due to a storm and
I noticed the carpet was wet in front of the closet. Thinking that the
roof was leaking or running along the OUTSIDE of the coax into the
house... NOPE it was coming from INSIDE the coax... Don't think it was
9913.. I think it was Radio Shack RG-8

I guess I was lucky that the water didn't come thru my mic!!!

73
John
KO4XJ