Re: [TowerTalk] shorty 40 vs vertical

To: kr2q@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] shorty 40 vs vertical
From: "Tom Haavisto" <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 14:16:03 -0500
One thing that is interesting is the height of the antenna - moving
the shorty 40 higher seems to play an important role in how well it
performs.  Will have to see if I can get mine a bit higher this
summer.

I can certainly understand why a contester would not want to give up
his shorty 40, even if it was not a great performer.  The antenna is
bought, paid for, and installed - takes more effort to take it down
and to try and sell it.  As well, having several antennas to choose
from is always a good thing.

Tom - VE3CX