[TowerTalk] Cable management on a Crank up tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable management on a Crank up tower
From: "KC2PCR" <kc2pcr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:48:20 -0500
Hi Jon, Thank you for sharing the heater hose tip!!
 I run one coax arm at the top of my 60ft manual crank-up and have all the
cables bunched together & tie wrapped every few feet to the bottom.
It's been up for almost 2 years with no problems.
 I do have about a 45 degree bend on all the cables where they are attached
at the arm, I like the heater hose idea...which will not only protect the
jackets from chaffing it also (as you mentioned )alleviates the sharp bend.
As it is now, when lowering my tower the 60+ ft of cables laying on the
ground don't seem to be any problem here at all..my tower is only lowered
for maintenance or antenna changing & usually back up the same day.  I'm
planning on replacing the coax runs up my tower when we get a little break
in the cold upstate NY winter...a few pictures of my tower foundation &
tilting baseplate can be found here: http://www.cnyara.com/_KC2PCR/

Thanks to all for the steady flow of information & ideas!!

73 - Doug kc2pcr@gmail.com

Message: 4